What is Restorative Yoga?
- Deeply relax in restorative poses supported by props
- A practice of the nervous system designed to activate the parasympathetic response
- Intentional rest to promote emotional balance and increase the body’s capacity to heal
- Improves functions of the immune system, digestive system, and endocrine system
- Reduces stress, anxiety, and depression
- Improve sleep
How does it work?
- Support the body using various yoga props: bolsters, blankets, pillows, sandbags
- Rest in each pose for up to 15 minutes or longer for yoga nidra
- Provides opportunity for emotional balance and well-being
Trainings & Influences
- Sacred Calm: Advanced Restorative Teacher Trainings from Anne Ondrey – 38 CE hours
- Yoga for Emotional Balance with Bo Forbes – 12 CE hours
- Influences from Judith Lasater and Sue Flamm