About the Class:
Duration: 7 hours
Tuition: $185 (includes student kit)
2022 Class Dates for Level One: October 19+20
In a culture obsessed with acceleration, Restorative yoga helps us discover the joy of going slow, paying attention, and being still. When we do, we give our bodies time for nourishment and holistic healing to occur. It is a radical practice of deep rest and listening to the rhythm of our own hearts and energy. This certification is learning how to give this joy to ourselves and others.
Target audience for this course: Certification is designed for those who have a passion for the energetics of Restorative yoga; teachers that have a desire to teach to others and serious students who want to develop a personal practice for themselves.
Prerequisites for the course: Open to both yoga teachers and serious students of the practice; 200-hour CYT (certified yoga teacher) recommended but not required.
Setting expectations for students:
- What is the focus of this certification: This workshop is a targeted look at the theory, alignment, sequencing, and energetics of Restorative yoga. Learning to teach Restorative yoga is, first and foremost, about learning to practice Restorative yoga. Therefore, this training is rich in practice. Students will have the confidence and ability to teach a well-thought-out and effective Restorative Yoga class after this training.
- What key topics will be part of the training:
- Overview of Restorative Yoga including: benefits, key components, guidelines, cues
- Exploring the nervous system
- Learning about the use of props
- Warm-up exercises
- Options for enhancements
- How to build a sequence
- Hands-on-practice with six foundational restorative poses
This certification qualifies for 7 CE contact hours through Yoga Alliance
Breakdown of training:
- 7 – Total time in hours including breaks
- 33% – Lecture, 14% – Discussion, 53% – Activity
Bring with you to class:
- Lunch/snack and water/drink
- Optional – Our props will be provided, however, you can bring your own props if you prefer
Preregistration is required. A minimum of 4 students is required for this class, if the minimum is not met, the class will be rescheduled for another date and time