What is Meditation?
- A mindfulness practice of presence and awareness
- Attention or concentration
- Training the mind by directing and redirecting your awareness to the present moment
How does Guided Meditation work?
- Relax in restorative yoga poses supported by yoga props
- Instructor guides participants through different meditations, such as body scans, progressive muscle relaxation, visualizations, autogenics, and breathing exercises
- Instructor facilitates acceptance and non-judgment, intention setting, connecting to your inner peace, feeling sensations, and other techniques to remain present
- iRest Meditation Level 1 Teacher Training with Richard Miller – 30 CE hours (expected completion October 2020)
- Yoga for Emotional Balance with Bo Forbes – 12 CE hours
- Influences from Yoga Nidra